About the Workshop
Chiangmai Life Construction is announcing its Bamboo & Earth Workshop for the first time in many years.
The workshop will cover design and construction features for these natural materials. The instructors are all well known and experienced professionals in their field. We will talk about the material bamboo from choice of species to how to plant and harvest, treatment and drying. CLC’s bamboo & earth workshop also deals with bamboo furniture design, model making and structural thinking for bamboo. We will design and build a memorable structure.
On the Earth construction side we will look at how to choose the right clay, what to mix it with to make the bricks strong and durable, how to build and how to plaster. We will be making our own bricks and building a wall.
There will be theoretical sessions about sustainable architecture to practical hours of learning to know the materials. Every subject is being taught by experienced bamboo or earth builders.:
- Markus Roselieb of Chiangmai Life Architects will be talking about CLA’s philosophy and works.
- Jaye Irving of Barefoot Sustainable Design will bring his bamboo experience to the table and fields
- Jon Jandai the renowned founder of Pun Pun will inspire us with knowledge in earth construction and sustainable living.
- Pa Ta of the famous bamboo furniture pioneers Gerard will give us an insight into bamboo furniture
- Thammarat Boonthammee the foremost expert on bamboo plantation will increase our horizon about the different types of bamboo available and how to grow them