BENEFITS OF STRAWBALE
As a naturel building product Strawbale is a great one of the best. Easy to source, easy to build and the end result is a stong sturdy beautiful living wall that reduces the thermal flow and acts as a living skin with regards to ambient humidity levels. A typical straw bale wall is roughly three times as efficient as conventional framing. Over the life of a typical thirty year mortgage, this superior insulation can reduce energy costs by up to 75%, saving money and vital natural resources.
Benefits of Strawbale Construction
- Heat Energy savings can be 50% to 80% less than conventional construction and design methods. A straw insulated wall has an R-40 value
- Straw is renewable. Wheat and Barley is grown annually in the Brisbane area.
- Straw is a byproduct of a basic food source with excess straw
- Straw is naturally termite resistant to most termite species.
- Straw bales produces no waste. Any excess straw on site will be utilized in the gardens.
- Fire resistant properties. A rendered straw bale wall provides a 2.5 hour fire wall.
- Straw bale construction, along with other key resource efficient design elements, can cost 10% to 25% less than conventional construction.
- Puts home building back in the hands of the owner and the community.