Bangalow Honeymoon Cottage
The low impact bamboo tiny house was designed as a stand-alone accommodation for the retreats. The retreat centre caters for wedding ceremonies and receptions held within the shady undergrowth of a bamboo forest. Over 300 bamboo poles were harvested and treated from the bamboo grove and used as the major building material.
The house was constructed in a workshop to ensure quality control and then transported back to site and assembled near the bamboo forest.
The tiny house is built around the following ecological principles
- Modular Design
- Composting toilet Nutrient Recycling
- Grid Interactive Solar PV
- Bamboo Structural Frame
- Manufactured Bamboo Walls, Floors and Decks
- High Insulation in walls and roof
- Recycled Building Materials
- Passive Solar Designed to heat and cool itself natural without the aid of air-conditioning