Collingwood Street Renovations
This 1920’s Queenslander is located on the frangipani lined streets of Paddington in the inner city of Brisbane. The 584m2 corner site is protected by a demolition control zone as a character house. The Clients purchased this rundown Queenslander in early 2002 with the hopes of renovating the house to its former glory and beyond.
The award winning design involved the raising and relocation of the house on the block allowing for additional rooms and the addition of outdoor facilities.
- Enhance natural lighting
- 5Kw Grid Interactive Solar
- Improve air quality and passive flow thru ventilation
- Reduce heating and cooling costs through passive design
- Open plan living to connect with the outdoor areas
- Improve efficiency thru sustainable approaches to water and power usage
- Create an additional living spaces on the ground floor plan
- Replace the existing kitchen and bathroom areas in desperate need of repair
- Allow for 2 car off-street parking places
- Addition of 4 new bedrooms & rumpus room on the ground plan
- Maintain character of place by restoring rather than demolishing