Mullumbimby Hemp House
The Mullumbimby Hemp House was designed to be as an example of cost effective ecological housing. It was designed to accommodate a small family of 4 and to fit on a small residential block.
The 180sqm house excelled all sustainability criteria with northerly orientation to harvest winter sun, large eaves to block hot summer sun, collect prevailing breezes and to be naturally cooled through convective cooling.
In addition to the main house we were able to facilitate the construction of a tiny house utilizing the same ecological principles as the main house.
- The major building material was monolithic hemp with amazing benefits as an alternative building material for thermal comfort
- Thermal mass assists temperature control in low and high temperatures
- Recycled building materials
- Recycled concrete
- Grid Interactive Solar PV
- Solar Hot Water Heating
- Tiny House Simplistic Living
- Rainwater Harvesting 15000 litre